Early Starts

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I posted photos from day 1. We walked from the hotel and to a mall area. Nice city. Very clean and well maintained. We got to the first mall and it was all computer stuff in every little store. I bet there were around 500 shops all selling pretty much the same stuff. Prices were good at about the cheapest you can find computer things on the internet but without shipping or taxes. Very little English spoken anywhere. I managed to buy a card reader to allow me to post the photos.

Next we grabbed a cab and went a few miles to another mall. Cab was cheap at about $1 for the trip. We were dropped off at the Hyatt hotel. I think this is the tallest hotel in the world and the tallest building in Shanghai but I am not sure.

It took us 3 elevators to get to the top where there is a bar called cloud 9. We had a couple of drinks and got some views when the clouds were not covering everything.

Next we went for a walk and saw the Jinmao building. It is really neat looking. We got to the mall and it was very nice and upscale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home