Early Starts

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day 1 in Tokyo Japan

I came by myself by train to Tokyo which took an hour from the hotel. This is the outside of Tokyo station when I first arrived in Tokyo. Then walked around the town.
After walking awhile, I found the gardens to the Imperal Palace. This was as close as you could get. It had a water moat all around with guards at all the posts.
This is the little concession stand in the park were I had Japaneese noodles and coffee for lunch. You are given a bowl on a tray and they sit on a park bench nearby to eat. Then return the dishes. Many business people came here to eat and enjoy the beautiful day. It was about 55F today.
After I finished wandering in Tokyo I boarded the train to go back to the hotel, but the train I got on didn't stop at my station. When it did stop I was 32 miles from where I wanted to be. I was at a ski resort in the mountains. I wondered around until the next train came to bring me back the other way. But this train also didn't stop at my station. So three trains later and 5 hours I made it back to the hotel. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home